Friday, November 16, 2012

Terrible Customer Service

Hey guys, quick post which I might try to make it look better later
Terrible Customer service story....HERE WE GO:
On Wednesday I was informed that there was a sale on the PSN or play station network for a game I wanted, that was only 5$. I logged into my account and found my "virtual" wallet was empty because I had not bought anything on there recently. I could not just use my credit card directly, I had to put 5$ in my wallet from my card, then use that wallet to buy it. Thought that was annoying, but annoyance was only beginning.
Eventually I was able to log in to my account, verify my card details (because I had gotten a new one in the last few months) hit the add 5$ button and....."Warning, card error, please verify correct entered data"...I checked it...then checked again...then again...and again...It never took it.
I called customer service, big help they were, "Did you enter the exact address you are living at?"...No I entered one I saw in the news paper...So no help there, was not gonna be able to add funds with my card, and also they said I should call my bank if something was wrong with the card, which I doubted because I use that card every day, and use it for online things once every other week
I then thought to go to gamestop.com and order the fund in the form of a gift card, since that also is a way to get funds in the virtual wallet. I saw I could just get it online, so I filled out all the information, which I have used to buy games on their website before, double checked it was all correct, and sent the order. I then went to my bank, and saw the order on my card, which means it went through....
Then the next morning, I got an email saying it was canceled, but not why it was canceled, and I had to call in to find out. I had to wait on hold for 20 minutes, before I got to a person. Giving them my account number, my order number, and talking through it I got...my card approval didn't work. Even though they sent the authorization and showed up on my card, they said something got hung up, and instantly canceled it...
So I call my bank and wait for another 20 minutes, confirm my address is correct, and ask if they have got any authorization requests. They say no, and that it should all be working now (even though they didn't do anything). So I say fine, and just try placing the order on the Gamestop side of things again...
Then 4 hours later I get another order canceled email. I call in again and wait even longer, to have someone to talk to. They keep saying, "did you enter everything correctly" which on my 4th try at all this is very hard to just say "yes" to. Eventually she says, "Oh you just tried again too soon" I said is 12 hours too soon? and she said yes, "You can only make an order ever 48 hours"...48 HOURS? So you messed up, and I can't try again for 48 hours? Did you not hear about the part where I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY AND YOU AREN'T TAKING IT?
Reminder, this is to buy a 5 dollar game from an online store, and I have jumped through 4 different hoops, and am back to where I started, so thanks customer service, thanks alot...

No comments:

Post a Comment