Thursday, April 29, 2010

Insulted

I just got rather insulted today. I will not use any names, but the offending party called me too young to know anything about hypnosis, and that I was just a child chasing a fantasy. All I did to provoke this opinion was ask what about hypnosis interested them, and gave them the common answer of the relaxing, the fantasy, or the control. They apparently took it to mean I wanted to control them, satisfy my desires like some horny idiot, when that was not what I meant at all. I make no assumptions when meeting new people, and I feel it is respectful to do that same. They continued to assume I know nothing of hypnosis, which could not be farther from the truth.
I have well over 2 1/2 years of experience helping many many people online, refining my style, learning what works, and what does not. I have also been trained by a professional, given loads of insight to further my training, and a certificate proving I have learned so much.
I will try to not let it get to me too much, it was just someone with a mean opinion and a negative look on the world, but still I am trying to find if there is any way I present myself that could be improved. Do you all recommend anything? Or am I just fine the way I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment