Thursday, March 31, 2011

Computer Crash and Tips Reminder

Hey guys, I wanted to talk about my money woes, as well as get your opinions about some stuff.

Now I used to ask for Tips quite often, when I was getting ready to go to Japan. I felt I needed the extra money just so the trip was more relaxing, less worry, all those nice things. Many people I talked to where quite nice, all I had to do was ask for them to donate, even just the littlest things. When I came back from enjoying Japan, I stopped asking because I just felt like I didn't need it. I just wanted to be nice, even though I was still doing the same things that I was asking for tips with before.

The hypnosis I do is quite a unique gift, it is something I trained for by reading, going to class, and going through experiences to get to where I am today. This process is normally done to make a career, yet I have made it simply a hobby. Like any "Job" it could be expected to charge for it, but I am just happy to do it because I want more people to learn about it. I know it would turn those curious away if there was a huge fee up front for something that they can not physically hold and examine before they "buy".

So I just never think it would be a good idea to ask for money up front, and people would be unreliable if the fee came after the fact. I know some people are reliable, but just as many are unreliable as well. As an example, A client and I agreed on pricing based on the amount of time we worked, then I did a passionate hour session, then as I asked for payment the person said "I thought was just an example" and signed off.

Therefore Tips seemed like the best option, the people who would pay in the first place would certainly pay after the fact, and people would be able to measure in the own terms how much what I did was worth. Still, I feel a little uneasy, asking for tips always sounds like donations, and donations are nice, but is it really my right to ask for them? Should I believe that asking for a tip after me working should feel like charity? I know it is probably me just thinking too much, but I still would love to hear your support, your thoughts are always helpful.

Now back to the reason I have start to ask for tips once again. My computer broke, it actually broke a long time ago, back in September, but I had my laptop, and was able to live off of it. I did start saving up money for new computer parts, but other things came up, like Christmas, and other things, so my funds are still low. I always put it off, thinking other things were more important, but I finally put my foot down the other day, and started to look up how much things would cost. I was hoping it was around 500$, as I had 400$ saved up, but now I have come to find it is going to be 800$. That was a serious blow to me, and though I could still live off the laptop for a while, I really want to get this working soon. A new computer would even help me for file making, and the other hobbies I enjoy.

That is what made me choose to bring back the Tip jar, but this time have a longer description of why your generous donations are appreciated, where it is they go. I think I have talked long enough, but I hope it was all helpful, informative, and helped you choose if you will give me anything for the times we shared. Please don't think I won't keep talking if there isn't donations, but they just make life easier in general. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a job at Google soon, but till then, the Jar is open, and filling once again. See you later!

CLICK HERE and send to lsmfx1@hotmail.com

PS if you are having trouble sending money directly, try using the instant payment below, thought takes out a small fee :(

Tip Amounts



No comments:

Post a Comment