Monday, January 3, 2011

Name

Once again someone leaving me in anger is the reason I write a blog post, but oh well at least it gets me writing.

This time it is about the name I use online, as many of you is Frost Endwood. I will admit upfront that this is not my real name, but it is the name I hear more often then my real name. No I don't hate my real name or wish to have it changed, I just like the name Frost, it has spiritual connections, and also keeps my internet life and real life separate, like the way I want it.

That doesn't mean you can't ever learn my real name, I probably have accidentally put it on some profile, or have linked to a photo that has it, I don't really care, but when it comes to me personally telling you my name, that is something more special. I see giving away my name as an achievement, a trophy for the person to enjoy knowing they got to know me well enough to receive my name. I am letting them into my real life, showing them that they are that important to me, and I wish to know even more about them.

Saying that me hiding my real name makes me a sketchy character is highly insulting to that special respect I give only certain people, it is like insulting all of my friends at once. The insult isn't even coming from someone I respect, but it is still sad to lose another potential friend

So please don't think about the whole name thing as me hiding some sort of dark secret, think of it as me holding a present you will get when you deserve it, which you may not even find all that important anyway, but at least to me, it is something important.

Thanks for reading my rants, and see you all later!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think you were hiding anything luv. This is the Internet and I don't give out my real name until I get to know folks. And I never, ever post in online or use for registration for anything. Peace. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete